We already know that Toshiba is interested in making an iPad alternative and it looks like we have more and more details about the unreleased tablet. Or shall we call it a Smart Pad, as that’s what we’re apparently looking at. Or shall we call it the Folio 100? As that’s apparently the future name of this product!
It’s not that important what this Smart Pad will be called as we’re rather interested in what’s under the hood. So, does this Folio 100 have what it takes to fight the iPad, and any other tablet for that matter?
Toshiba Folio 100 is powered by the NVIDIA Tegra 2 CPU. It runs on Android 2.2 Operating System and features a 10.1 inch Multi-TouchDisplay. The WiFi only version will be available this year and a version with 3G support would be launched in 2011.
Toshiba Folio 100 Specs
- CPU: NVIDIA Tegra 2
- 25.7cm (10.1”) capacitive Multi-Touch display with 1,024 x 600 pixels
- Based on Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- On-board storage capacity: 16 GB
- Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR, WLAN (802.11 b/g/n), Mobile Broadband (available Q1 2011)
- DLNA® compatible
- 1 x mini HDMI®, 1 x USB 2.0 (client and hub), SD/MMC Card Reader
- Supports Adobe® Flash Player 10.1
- Rotation of displayed content on the screen by accelerometer
- Webcam with 1.3MP
- Battery life: 7 hours (65% web browsing, 10% video playback, 25% standby)
- Weight: 760g
- Size: 281mm x 181mm x 14mm
- Software (excerpt): Opera Mobile, Toshiba Media Player, FBReader, Fring, Document to Go,Evernote
The Toshiba FOLIO 100 (non-3G model ) will be available in the UK from October this year for 329 pounds