Requirements: HTC Touch Diamond and HTC Touch Pro
Overview: Quake III Arena or Quake 3, abbreviated as Q3A or Q3, is a multiplayer first-person shooter computer and video game released on December 2, 1999. The game was developed by id Software and featured music composed by Sonic Mayhem and Front Line Assembly. Quake III Arena is the third title in the series and differs from the previous games in the Quake series in that it excludes the normal single-player element, instead focusing on multiplayer action. The solo experience in Q3 is arena combat versus AI opponents, in a similar style to Unreal Tournament.
* Network support is obviously limited. Your Pocket PC likely doesn't have a very fast internet connection, so your ping times are going to be crap. Hell, it might not even work. Maybe in the next release...
* You may have a hard time entering text, or a CD key or whatever, unless you have an external keyboard. Avoid menus where you have to type stuff in. Maybe virtual keyboard in next release...
* I had to eliminate support for the virtual machine in the codebase. This means that many 'mods' will not work for you, as the UI, Game, and CGame modules are all hard-coded into the program. If someone wants to find a way to get that working on the ARM cpu in a fast fashion (ha! and steal resources from our meager graphics?!) feel free to do so.
* Memory now autopartitions itself, so you don't need to worry about reconfiguring stuff. You still need a lot of memory, but requirements have been reduced.
* Audio has been converted to MP3 to save space
* Fonts and graphics have been cleaned up by using better resizing mechanism.
* Normals have been fixed, and you can play more than one level without the game crashing.
* The shotgun seems to have a bug. It may crash the game.
* If the game crashes, ensure you delete the temporary files it creates in your ppc's root directory, named 'q3ce_*.swp'. If you fail to do this, your ppc may not be able to boot up again without a hard reset. This is a bug in Windows, and I can't do too much about it. Hopefully, thing will work fine for you. Your mileage may vary, and my liability is limited.